Fantastic First Graders!
Welcome to my page, fantastic first-graders!
My name is Erin Perri and I am thrilled to be your child’s first grade teacher! I look forward to an exciting year! We are going to do so many FUN things this school year, and of course, we will learn a lot too!
Here are a few facts about me:
- The 2019-2020 school year, marks my FOURTEENTH year of teaching! I have taught first grade for all of the years, except one year when I taught second grade.
- In 2006, I graduated from Kean University with my Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. I completed my Master’s Degree from Walden University in 2009, with a focus in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment.
- I completed my student teaching at School #5, in the exact same classroom that I am teaching in now!
- I was honored to be named, "Teacher of the Year" in 2013.
- I love pink, blue, pizza, the Yankees, shopping, taking pictures, baking, spending time with my friends, and spending time with my family, especially with my two-year-old daughter... But most of all… I LOVE KIDS!
I have a huge PASSION for teaching. Ever since I was a little girl, I told my mother that I wanted to become a teacher, just like Mrs. Megibow, my inspirational kindergarten teacher! Her gentle touch, soothing voice, and hands on learning activities, inspired me from the age of five, to follow my dreams and become a teacher. Because of my huge desire for teaching, I love going to school each and every day. The smile on each child’s face is contagious. My goal as a teacher is to provide a welcoming environment, that fosters effective learning, where each child enjoys the learning process. I hope that I can inspire and motivate children to love the learning process, and to always follow their dreams, just like my motivational kindergarten teacher who inspired me!
Parents- Thank you, in advance, for all of your hard work, time, and dedication in your child’s education. Combined with my instruction in school and your one-on-one assistance with your child at home, we will both make a difference in your child’s academics.
“An apple for the teacher is really nothing new,
except when we remember that parents are teachers too!"
** Attached you can see the Supply List for this school year! Thank you! **