Welcome to Miss Falzo's Class!
My name is Jacquelyn Falzo & welcome to my class page! This will be my 8th year teaching, and I am looking forward to a wonderful year!
Please feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FYI: Please do not email me through the school website, it will not go through!
My homeroom class is 4B for the 2020-2021 school year.
I teach 4A & 4B ELA/Writing.
Google Classroom Codes:
4B Falzo ELA/Writing - ndld2xj
4A Falzo ELA/Writing - yyhwewb
1. Bachelor's Degree in Family & Childhood Studies and certified to teach K-6 from Montclair State University
2. TOSD Certificate (Teacher of Student's with Disabilities) from Montclair State University
3. Master's Degree in Special Education, Secondary and Special Ed. K-12 from Montclair State University
4. I have received an additional 32 credits after my Master's Degree in all aspects of teaching, such as, Bullying (Awareness, Prevention, & Intervention), Educational Technology, Making the Most of the Internet in the Classroom, Multimedia Design and Development, and Responsive Classroom Management in the Primary Grades just to name a few.
*They MUST be brought to school and charged EVERYDAY!*
Please monitor your child’s browsing history on their Chromebook.
*Any lost chargers will cost $20 to replace.
- The Chromebook should be used for school work/educational purposes. Appropriate websites used during the school day consist of: Google Classroom, IXL, Everfi, Wonders, Pearson Math, Science ED, Kahoot, Typing Web, Nitro Typo, and occasionally YouTube (depending the topic). Students also conduct web-quests, but they are children research pages. Don’t be afraid to question your child about their browsing history!!! If there is a website you are unsure, please ask your child’s homeroom teacher!!!
****These Chromebooks are a privilege and on loan to the students from the Belleville School District. Everything that they do on the Chromebook is and can be tracked.*****
The program we use for ELA is Wonders. Wonders is accessed via the "Waffle" on the G-mail Account Apps. We also incorporate Reader's Workshop & Writer's Workshop.
We focus on 2 main skills a week, in addition to a respond to reading practice using RACE.
You child has a weekly reading log with a corresponding synopsis to what was read that week. The reading log will be completed on Google Classroom and must be submitted every Friday by 8:30am. A minimum of 2 hours per week must be read.
- Practice Book pages (pertaining to each unit)
*Students will have written homework Monday-Thursday.
*Students are expected to have their homework done when it is due. If not, they will receive a zero for the assignment.
*If students miss school, they are expected to complete the work they missed.
Tests & Quizzes
ELA - There will be a Weekly Selection Test given on Wednesday. The students are able to use all their resources to complete the Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension questions. Every Friday, a Skills Test with an Open Ended Writing Assessment will be given. *Both will be completed online.
All grades will be input on OnCourse. Please check weekly!
Don't miss out on any reminders! Sign up to receive notices from me for any important information.
Students can use IXL.com to review material we are learning about. Students will be using IXL in class and occasionally will be assigned to go on for homework. Username and passwords were sent home and are taped in your child's homework planner. Attached is the link for IXL: ixl.com
Additional Educational Websites Utilized: e-Spark (Math & ELA), Everfi, Epic Books!, Coding, Typing Web, Nitro Type, and Prodigy.